• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thrush Welded Muffler

CMK4425

NAXJA Forum User
I put on my new Thrush Welded Muffler tonight:passgas: I have the stock cat and manifold and I love the way it sounds now. Its not too loud but it adds just enough to sound tough. Sounds lika a flowmaster for $30.:yap:

sounds like you got a good deal. I cahnged my exhaust a while back and it was a great change. :sunshine:

I got tired of the OEM types that I was getting from my local parts store failing. One broke on top and the exhaust was coming out the top :(
The others the baffles either break or came loose causing low rpm rattling :(

I went looking for inexpensive solution and found a FlowTech Afterburner turbo muffler also made by Holley performace. I looked it over, and it is indeed welded, though the input and output tubes still appear to be pressed in. Hopefully I'm wrong on that score.

The exhaust seems to have a good note with no glasspack type resonance inside the Jeep, which is important since I have Herced the inside and have no sound dampening.

It also appears to meet the criteria for a "OEM" type muffler that the NFS mandates for use in the NFs as it is of simular construction and looks like it will trap hot particulate.
Since I do Off-Road in NFs and County Forests, that was something I was looking for.

Time and Trails will tell how this muffler performs for me.
As I told the parts guy "I don't care if it sounds "Sweet", I just want it to last!"

Ron

Back