• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some more homebrew disconnects

jimmydaux

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I had some spare time a few weeks ago so I figured Id make myself some disconnects. I used a 3/8 inch heim joint from ballistic fab on the top. That mounts to a glob of metal that is comprised of a 1/2-13 bolt with a thick washer going through the swaybar eye, with a 3/8 bolt protruding from the side to mount the heim. The the bottom end of the link is just a shock eye and polyurethane bushing. I happened to have an old pair of shocks laying around that I cut up to use as donors. I machined the spindle that the shock hooks onto out of bar stock. It is internally threaded and attached with locktite red to a 1/2-13 rod that is affixed to the axle mount with a washer and lock nut. The tubing used is actually just 1/2 inch steel pipe.

I was worried that the 3/8 mounting bolt and heim wouldnt hold up, but they are doing great. There is no signs of wear whatsoever. With a little grease on the spindle, these are a cake walk to install. While I was at it, I machined and welded a peice of bar stock onto the bottom of the sway bar bushing brackets that serve as retainers when the swaybar is disconnected. As you can see in the picture, it is all secured witha big washer and a lynch pin. I know Im just reinventing the wheel with these, but hey, I did it myself and it cost me $20 and are absolutely silent which is far better than the RE gen 1's I had on before these.

DSC07030.JPG

DSC07028.JPG

DSC07027.JPG

DSC07029.JPG

DSC07025.JPG

DSC07026.JPG

I like em! Especially the $20 part!:compwork:

Back