• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How hot does it get under the rear seat?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
About how warm does it get under the rear seat on the driver side?

Should I be concerned about storing spare ammunition in this location?

If your Cat starts acting up or a sensor makes the motor start running really rich, your carpet can melt. I doubt it will ever get hot enough to cook a round off, but high heat isn't good for long term ammo storage.
I use an old military ammo box. Which usually migrates around the back someplace.

Wa Woody said:
You can install a heat shield on the muffler to keep the heat down. I installed on on my Flowmaster muffler after my daughters complained about their feet being cooked on long trips. Good Luck

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2324

Woody

The exhaust is on the passengers side. So the drivers side is not affected by it.

If you are paranoid get the flowmaster thing
Or if you are cheep get an air bake cookie sheet from walmart (I stole one from my wifes kitchen) and screw it in above the cat/muffalar.

I keep an extra gas can in there no explosion yet..

Back