• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New (to me) ZJ seat's

89xjJe3per

NAXJA Forum User
Well thought id put a lil more comfort under my A. So i went and picked up some ZJ seats. Found some scrap and got started on some um "Getto" mounts. Since i could not use my OEM slider's (89) I had to make something.. So i decided to use the sliders from the ZJ seats and make a bracket so the ZJ seats mount like it dose in the ZJ with the little GAy 90d bend. Anyways heres the pics!! tell me watcha think!

Picture208.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture211.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Pass
Picture220.jpg

ALL DONE!!
Picture219.jpg

-Justin aka.Danger

did you drill new holes for the rear mounts? I was planning on using a biece of angle iron (not box) for the front mount, but have not got around to the rear mounts. BTW, I drive a 93 grand and the seats smoke those of the XJ 100 fold.

imma honky said:
did you drill new holes for the rear mounts? I was planning on using a biece of angle iron (not box) for the front mount, but have not got around to the rear mounts. BTW, I drive a 93 grand and the seats smoke those of the XJ 100 fold.

Yep just drilled new hole's and used FAT washers and heavy bolt with locking nut then wheaterstuffed the underside.

imma honky said:

And YES THESE ARE WAYYYYYY BETTER!! note-there from a 99 i think..

Hey those look familiar...

IM002499.jpg

IM002472.jpg

I had Billy fab me up some adapters instead.

ZJ-XJ2.jpg

ZJ-XJ3.jpg

Islander: Love the "tidy" factor or your brackets, but I like the grands brackets better for the extra ride height. I R short.

imma honky said:
Islander: Love the "tidy" factor or your brackets, but I like the grands brackets better for the extra ride height. I R short.

How short?

I'm 5'9" myself... these added a slight amount of ride height, and I think even that was a bit much, I'm glad I added leg room though.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Hey those look familiar...

IM002499.jpg

IM002472.jpg

I had Billy fab me up some adapters instead.

ZJ-XJ2.jpg

ZJ-XJ3.jpg
You also dont have a 89 witch has what i like to call rocket ship seats! i would have LOVE to use the stock mounts, There just was not a good way to go about it so i thought i little with the materals i HAD i made it simlr to the OEM in a ZJ.. now if a had a 93 i think that would be dif. but yes IM A BITER I STOLE YOUR SEATS!!! :worship:

ScottyDog said:
I'm very interested... I have a ZJ just parked in my drive way and my XJ seats are done.....

Thanks
Scott

If you have rocket ship seats then this method will work awsome and or just ditch your who other seat and then werrrr talkin... Soooo 2 sets of brackets now? lol :rolleyes:

89xjJe3per said:
but yes IM A BITER I STOLE YOUR SEATS!!! :worship:

They're great, best mod I've found. I love the side bolstering on these.

strikedistance said:
Where did you find them. I've been looking for a while now.

Patience.

I'd been looking for a seating solution for months and found the pair on CL for 60 bucks.

I think i need to get into the Zj seat market... theres always atleast 1 or 2 at my locol JY... :) if i run across another pair ill snag them and throw them up here k.

Back