• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air cond.

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
so i decided to use my air cond. the other day on the way back from a shop. the air isnt that cold and it doesnt want to blow air out the vents. whats the cause of this? low freion? (sp)

If you have the blower on high and it doesn't blow air, hot or cold then you either could have a problem with the control head, doors in the hvac unit, cables (can't remember if they are cable, vaccum or electric) from the control head to the doors or an electrical problem (fuse?) for the blower motor. If it's just that the air isn't cold enough, it may just need a charge. I just put 1 can of 50,000 mile R134a in and it went from hot to ice cold.

So pray tell, just what is "50,000 mile R134a"???

Listen for a vacuum leak when moving the AC control slider knobs right to left. IF you hear a leak folow the sound to find the problem location. Blower air flow sounds like a vacuum leak in the tubing.

may need 50,000 mile R-134a as well! :laugh3:

Does it only blow out the defrost vents? If so, you have a vacuum leak.

Warm air with the AC one is *most likely* due to a low charge.

Ecomike said:
So pray tell, just what is "50,000 mile R134a"???

Listen for a vacuum leak when moving the AC control slider knobs right to left. IF you hear a leak folow the sound to find the problem location. Blower air flow sounds like a vacuum leak in the tubing.

may need 50,000 mile R-134a as well! :laugh3:

I've seen it on the Walmart shelf. It just has some "system sealers" in it. Exact same stuff as the regular freon with sealers.

lawsoncl said:
I've seen it on the Walmart shelf. It just has some "system sealers" in it. Exact same stuff as the regular freon with sealers.

I think I saw it there too very recently for the first time, just struck me as odd and funny since I have never seen a mileage statement on refrigerants in the last 35 years.

Back