• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on ps pump

Should be a bolt in a curved cut out below the pulley. I think it pivots on the upper bolt, while the lower bolt holds it in place, and the jack screw is on the side. HTH.

When I did my 89. There is a bolt on top(pivot bolt) and two bolts on the rear (1 near the top and 1 near the bottom) that I had to lossen. And yes you have to lossen the screw holding the jack screw down also.

Last edited:
hubs97xj said:
Should be a bolt in a curved cut out below the pulley. I think it pivots on the upper bolt, while the lower bolt holds it in place, and the jack screw is on the side. HTH.

Actually the jack bolt on an 89 is on the bottom. There is actually 3 slide bolts that have to be loosened plus the pivot bolt that is on top. 2 at the rear and the jack screw hold down aswell.

Ah, I sit corrected. I just snagged the Haynes manual, which once again has failed to give me useful information. I miss the old Chiltons.

Mopar It said:
yes tension on the belt and do i need to loosen the screw holding the jack screw in place? near the bottom or no?

yes you need to loosen the screw that holds the jack screw, if you dont, it will strip the threads of the jack screw or the jack srcew wont be able to move at all.

Back