• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Suspension

zirzow

NAXJA Forum User
Well i have an 88 mj that i lifted a few months ago and my leaf pack on the rear drivers side is starting to sag. I have rusty's 4 inch packs. Can i just install my factory overload spring to each pack? Would that help correct the problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

zirzow said:
Well i have an 88 mj that i lifted a few months ago and my leaf pack on the rear drivers side is starting to sag. I have rusty's 4 inch packs. Can i just install my factory overload spring to each pack? Would that help correct the problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can but it won't help the one side that is sagging. It'll still sag on that one side.

Is there any way to stop the sag on the one side? When i have a full tank of gas it sits about an inch lower than the passengers side.

zirzow said:
Is there any way to stop the sag on the one side? When i have a full tank of gas it sits about an inch lower than the passengers side.
only make right or left hand turns? :D

You could add airbags, when you load the bed you can add more air to keep it level, or more air to one side if you have mroe gas..

get a passenger to ride in middle :)

or go through more fast food drive-thru's and pack on some weight!

Well the sagging i am having is on the drivers side and thats where the gas thank is located as well. I think thats why its sagging. When i have a full tank of around 18 gallons thats an extra 140lbs on that one side. So there is no way to add an extra leaf to the pack to combat the sagging?

Ooopssy Duh to me! Should still be even, check out the springs to make sure there is not a real problem causing sag after a short time like that. Otherwise, I may be swapping out a set of 4.5 leafs for 3.5 plus shackle.

zirzow said:
Well the sagging i am having is on the drivers side and thats where the gas thank is located as well. I think thats why its sagging. When i have a full tank of around 18 gallons thats an extra 140lbs on that one side. So there is no way to add an extra leaf to the pack to combat the sagging?

The springs seem to be in good shape. I have even swapped them from side to side and that did not help. I would like to get heavier duty set of springs but i can only custom order them from alcan or another spring company since its a spring under. What could have gone wrong with the spring packs so quickly?

Back