• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for any tech on 44/9" swaps

Hypnotik Robot

NAXJA Forum User
title says it. any write-ups you guys know of would be a great help. i've been trying to find some of them write-ups for dummies, especially about the steering setup.

tia

This is kinda one of those things that if you have to ask, you probably shouldnt be doing it.

Search around and read threads on peoples past swaps. There is a lot involved.

swbooking said:
This is kinda one of those things that if you have to ask, you probably shouldnt be doing it.

Search around and read threads on peoples past swaps. There is a lot involved.

i've got help from loads of people that know more about it than most. i just am looking up everything i can on my own first. search doesn't really help since keywords just bring up 9000 threads about people that have the axles already, or are going to some day after college or something.

just wondering if you guys know of good write-ups, especially ones that center around steering info.

wow..

Last edited:
lancey gave you a link, and part of searching is going throught those threads and reading what people have to say and seeing what they have done.

EDIT: a little respect is all I ask for..

sorry, and thanks.

for the record i was kind of hoping for write-ups on other sites. i've read my fill of naxja, and jeepin int he past couple of days. trying to find stuff that i missed here and other places.

If you're looking for how to swap a 44/9 under an XJ and you feel you've had your fill of naxja .. nevermind. Its too obvious.

Hypnotik Robot said:
sorry, and thanks.

for the record i was kind of hoping for write-ups on other sites. i've read my fill of naxja, and jeepin int he past couple of days. trying to find stuff that i missed here and other places.

Well if nobody else is going to do it......

Nominated. :D

I'll pardon you because you are new.

NAXJA is not you're typical 4WD board. Almost everything on here is very well researched and there are some very knowledgeable people here. Read the FAQ. Search before posting. Pay up for a membership, you won't regret it.

Wheel on.

I personnally like the kits that I got from TNT Customs. Just don't get distracted when tacking pieces on then drive them home stupid me. I will be straight up I put the lower control arms on the wrong side of the axle some how.

Hypnotik Robot said:
sorry, and thanks.

Google it. It's easier than searching on Naxja. Type in stuff like: dana 44 front swap; wagoneer front axle jeep; dana 44 steering; dana 44 hi steer; and so on...

A good tech article for bracket placement and angles is listed below:

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/drivetrain/axletech/154_0706_junkyard_dana_44_axle/index.html

Gravesdiggerxj said:
:roflmao::roflmao: too funny

gee you should keep searching, I can't find any?

Its in some guys signature too...can't seem to locate it..:huh:

Back