• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just got back from the dunes question about....

milehigh

NAXJA Forum User
maintanance on running rigs in the sand. did some wheeling in the sand, wasnt too deep, but it was really fine sand. didnt run it too hard, did pull a jet ski and had to rock it a few times, trailer really pulled this xj down into the sand. without it this thing was unstoppable! i love my jeep! thought about checking the bearings and repacking if nessecary. what do you guys do for running rigs in the sand? is repacking the bearings even nessecary? anything else i should check/do? thanks in advance.

Sealed unit bearings. No packing ever. Run till death and throw away. Sucks Yes?

Give it a good low pressure hose rinse all over to get the excess sand out, and check/replace the air filter.

i gave it a wash but did it at the car wash, no hose at the house. wasnt to sure it that was a good idea, high press and all pushing sand into places it shouldnt. hopefully it didnt. thanks for the input

Since I live at the Beach (long Beach, WA) I hoise my XJ after nearly every beach run.

Just hose your down, concentrating on the wheel wells and any where that dirt/sand can collect.

I also THOROUGHLY hose the underside of my rig. When I say thoroughly, I mean , the only thing better than the hose, would be a sprinkler left on overnight....

poorboy_616 said:
Since I live at the Beach (long Beach, WA) I hoise my XJ after nearly every beach run.

Just hose your down, concentrating on the wheel wells and any where that dirt/sand can collect.

I also THOROUGHLY hose the underside of my rig. When I say thoroughly, I mean , the only thing better than the hose, would be a sprinkler left on overnight....

works great for mud!!! I do it at my moms house, looks like cow patties after

Back