• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do how do you tell a friend that he's wrong...

HawkZero

NAXJA Forum User
Buddy at work that I've known for about 10 yrs. He has a 2000 XJ that he bought with a lift kit installed. Apparently the previous owner replaced the rear axle with a Dana 44..

Buddy swears its the stock rear axle and there seems to be no way for me to convince him otherwise.

Any way I should try or just say...whatever bud...enjoy your Dana 44 here's a beer.

send him to the dealer, and have them order a bunch of wrong parts for the rear end....

BajaCurt said:
I've heard you can email Jeep the VIN and ask for a build sheet on it. That would answer any question about the stock rear axle.

or just send it to me, and I can do the same thing...

tell him I can upgrade his rear stock axle with a much beefier 8.25 29 spline and I'll trade even. :)

xjjeeper19 said:
send him to the dealer, and have them order a bunch of wrong parts for the rear end....

Good one!

make a bet for a very large sum of money.

have him sign a contract and shake hands.

then laugh at him and offer to buy him dinner with his own money he will pay you.

have him post up a picture here so we may all ridicule him.

go here & he can find all the info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Cherokee_(XJ)#Available_driveline_components

HawkZero said:
Buddy at work that I've known for about 10 yrs. He has a 2000 XJ that he bought with a lift kit installed. Apparently the previous owner replaced the rear axle with a Dana 44..

Buddy swears its the stock rear axle and there seems to be no way for me to convince him otherwise.

Any way I should try or just say...whatever bud...enjoy your Dana 44 here's a beer.

Jump This said:
You need to remember I hang around all of you guys.
If I felt a need to pursue each and every time you all are wrong....
there would be no time to wheel!
:D

you mean no time to produce meaningless posts :D

Have him post a picture! He must be mocked!

BTW Rick, Im eating lunch.

FordGuy said:
He's a friend, Who cares, state it once and let it go. He will find out sooner or later, then he won't question you next time.

X2

Plus afterwards you can say "neener neener neener!"

Back