• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear window washer motor....

poorboy_616

NAXJA Forum User
Where the hell is this thing??

My rear wiper is defucnt, but it will be replaced soon. I would like to have a working washer for the rear window as well.....

Take off the rear interior panel and it'll be the round cylinder that's next to the hole. Pretty hard to miss it. I think it's held on by four bolts and the outside nut.

wiper motor is in the tailgate, washer fluid motor is attached to the bottom of the washer fluid reservior in the engine bay. there will be two fluid pumps on there, one for the front and one for the back, the back one will have the rubber tube going through the firewall.

this is what i have seen on an 88, 90 and 92......not sure if its the same for later years(but should be).

biztyke said:
wiper motor is in the tailgate, washer fluid motor is attached to the bottom of the washer fluid reservior in the engine bay. there will be two fluid pumps on there, one for the front and one for the back, the back one will have the rubber tube going through the firewall.

this is what i have seen on an 88, 90 and 92......not sure if its the same for later years(but should be).
x2 the washer motor is in the washer resevoir, wiper arm motor is in the tailgate.

I already know where the wiper motor is...

I was just wondering where the rear washer motor was hiding...

I could swear I only saw one washer pump under the bottle when I had it out to do the M/C......

I will take a second look though....

poorboy_616 said:
I already know where the wiper motor is...

I was just wondering where the rear washer motor was hiding...

I could swear I only saw one washer pump under the bottle when I had it out to do the M/C......

I will take a second look though....

Ahh I mis read it. If you only saw one, maybe that's the reason you aren't getting any fluid out the back? Perhaps the PO removed it or some such. Try going to a junkyard and seeing how it's mounted and such.

When I installed rear wiper I had to get new washer bottle as well because it had 2 seperate pumps.

Harlee&Tahoe said:
When I installed rear wiper I had to get new washer bottle as well because it had 2 seperate pumps.

yeah, mine didnt have a rear wiper when i bought it. i got a wiper motor, washer fluid tank(with 2 pumps) and a dashboard switch from the junkyard and put it in(the wiring and tubing was already run from the factory.

OP, if your has only one pump, then you might need to pick up another from the junkyard.

Back