• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting the door panels off?

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I need to get the interior panels on my doors off of my 98 XJ, but I have no idea how. I got all the screws out, and now I'm stuck. Any advice?

The edges of the panel are held in with push pins. You need to pull those out.

Best tool if you've got it is a barbecue fork. Find where the panel is all the way down, push the fork down both sides of the clip, and pop it out. Then move to the next one.

You can also use a putty knife.

also unscrew the arm rest on the door

arm rest and a screw at the lever to open to door. then you'll need some type of pry bar. start from bottom work your way up.

Once all the hardware is out, it's held in with plastic clips. I used 2 putty knives, but anything flat, and preferably with a V in it, can be used to snap them right out. Start along the bottom edge, and work your way around to the top. It's really straightforward once you get the screws and the door handle bolts out.

ok, I got the panel off, but what's this white paper stuff? Do I need it? I feel lke I'm not going to be able to get it back on once I take it off.

It's a cover protecting the door from water and also a sound guard. I don't have mine on and I havn't had any ill effects. I also put sound deadening material in the doors though. Made a big difference in sound quality!

Is it Tuesday??????
-Oh sorry, this isnt :piratefla-
:laugh:

rcmf5525 said:
Is it Tuesday??????
-Oh sorry, this isnt :piratefla-
:laugh:

I'm not that familiar with Pirate, I just know the majority of them are douchebags. Am I on the recieving end of some?

XJ98Jeep said:
I'm not that familiar with Pirate, I just know the majority of them are douchebags. Am I on the recieving end of some?

Just joking around man...

Back