• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo Gears 231 vs 242

Go to chryslerpartsdirect.com. That is where I bought mine at about 60% of what the local stealership wanted. I did not find them listed, so call the toll-free number at the top of their home page and they will be very helpful.

I don't recall there being any difference between the 231 and 242; I actually think I sold one of my gears (for my 231) to a guy with a 242 many years back...

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Chris @ GATR said:
Thanks, I got it ordered.

I called many, many places a month or so ago to find a 39 tooth speedo gear, and everyone said they were on backorder. Where were you able to order one from???

bigerich said:
I called many, many places a month or so ago to find a 39 tooth speedo gear, and everyone said they were on backorder. Where were you able to order one from???

I got a 39 tooth at chryslerpartsdirect.com, no problem.

they should be back in stock everywhere now... I think we have all of the sizes in stock at work.

The gears are the same. You can use a 242 in the 231 and visa versa.

whatevah said:
they should be back in stock everywhere now... I think we have all of the sizes in stock at work.

Got mine ordered today, thanks.

Just and FYI, I ordered a speedo gear from the local dealership today - $31 and I get it tomorrow. They couldn't get 37 or 38 tooth gears but had 39, 40, and 36 and lower.

I paid like 22 at the dealership for my 41 tooth, had to wait 3 weeks(in octbober). I got it a day or two before I needed it so it was cool.

Back