• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D.I.Y. rock sliders

I use 7 1/4"-20's per side on all mine.You want 1x1" or 1x1-1/2" .120 wall tubing to fit correctly.
http://hometown.aol.com/rpayne9421/page8.html
rocker.jpg

Was looking for a thread like this. Anyone have any actual blueprints (autocad, solidworks, proE)?

What Seven posted, probably is close enough for me to build a solidworks one out of, but ... i am lazy :(

That drawing is mine. Everybody is welcomne to use it and pass it along. The .5x.5 angle iron is a typo, use 1x1 square tube or angle iron.

Some pics of the finished product.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Do not use angle since it has a perfectly square edge and will NOT mate up with the pinch seam radius.

I used the 1x1 square tube for mine on the pinch seam. I like it better because I believe it distributes the weight better to the body upon an "upward" impact to the rail. Angle would put more shear stress on its mounting bolts it seems and the angle is transfering force edgewise to the body above the pinch seam. I like having that 1" contact to the body above the pinch. It makes be "feel" better if nothing else.

Not to hijack the thread here but what if the donkey before me happened to hack off the rockers and the pinch seam on the under side..... Would the 3 legs be sufficient enough to mount to since a slider never really gets any downward force just upward.. And since I don't have any rocker panels anyways I don't really care if what I have gets a little bent out of shape....

Back