• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!! Start no run condition?

knockedout88xj

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep has recently died on me and i need to know what the systoms are adding up to, it will start and stay on for a second or 2 then die'd i have fuel pressure and spark to the spark plugs its getting air and there air coming out of the exhaust, i have recently found out that if i put power to one of the connectors on the starter motor relay it starts but that makes no scence so mabey somebody can give me some feedback on this problem.

On the inside driver side fender wall, there is a ceramic resistor (next to EGR Solenoid). This is the ballast resistor for the fuel pump. It is bypassed during startup. Use a wire jumper or pull the connectors off and attach together and try it.

out....of.....breath....from....reading...

well guys thanks but that night i posted this my wiring harness caught on fire so my jeeping days are kinda on hold until i buy this 88 commanche 4x4 4.0i6 its sick.

Back