• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C.E.L. won't stay out.

TomMcD

NAXJA Forum User
Recently purchased a 96 that had the cat removed. I live in a SMOG check area and so have to have the vehicle legal for registraion.

I have done the cat, rear 02, air filter, oil filter, cap, rotor and plugs (kepts the wires as they look and feel almost new) I also ran seafoam in the oil, intake and gas with minimal obvious results.

Originaly I was getting a bank 1 low voltage error which I presume is the front o2. Replaced it so have new sensors front and rear. I got the same code twice more with the new front 02 after both battery reset and reader reset four times or so. I was also getting pending codes for ' Too Rich' and 'Too Lean'

Today I got an actual (not pending) codes for 'Too Rich' and 'Too Lean' for the first time. And then after another reset I got the same two again and a pending missfire on cylidner 1 and cylinder 4 codes.

I do have an occasinal stumble at idle but there doesn't seem to be a miss at higher RPM, though it's hard to tell with all the noise from the exhaust which has a Flowmaster and ends right after the muffler. And it was stumbling before the pending missfire code appeared.

All told I have three to four hundred miles on the Jeep and am fairly discouraged at this point. Any ideas if I'm still dealing with emissions stuff or what?

--Tom

Back