• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight upgrade

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was just woundering, does anybody offer a headlight upgrade for these headlamps? (ie, sealed beam to replaceable bulb?)
Just like IPF offers for the convensional headlights

i-1.JPG

Yes, CIBIE has a 4 headlight setup OR you can just do the low beams because thats where you will see good usable improvement. Realistically how often do you actually get to use your high beams. Where I live it's pretty rare unless your out at 3am.
The other option is to put a good set of Fog or aux lights on under the bumper. Hella makes an aux light system similar to the 450's and 550's.
However if pricing the CIBIE's it might be cheaper to put on a standard two headlight nose and add hella E codes :D

I know about the CIBIE's because I installed them on my 77 Olds starfire

Hey Remi, that's a SWEET Ford Ranger you got there! Boy oh boy! I used to wheel the LIVIN CRAP out of one of those things, THEY ROCK!

Jared

RichP said:
Yes, CIBIE has a 4 headlight setup OR you can just do the low beams because thats where you will see good usable improvement. Realistically how often do you actually get to use your high beams. Where I live it's pretty rare unless your out at 3am.
The other option is to put a good set of Fog or aux lights on under the bumper. Hella makes an aux light system similar to the 450's and 550's.
However if pricing the CIBIE's it might be cheaper to put on a standard two headlight nose and add hella E codes :D

I know about the CIBIE's because I installed them on my 77 Olds starfire

Rich, do you know for a fact that Cibie makes a replacement for the XJ Waggy lights? They are not the standard quad lamps, they are a special lamp that's smaller than most quads.

You're kidding right ????

You mean they built special non-standard sized lights for that. Oh man, that would tick me off come replacement time.
No that I did not know, they don't look much different from the starfire and other 70's cars that had 4 headlight setups, both round and rectangular.
I was only kidding when I suggested replacing the nose, but if what you say is a fact I wonder how much longer those headlights are going to be made
KarmirXJ, well if they were normal sized 4 headlight setup the lights come in pairs, one set for low beam the other for high, for improved local nite driving you could just replace the low beam set.
Maybe take the new nose you have and put it somewhere safe, should not be difficult to put on a normal 2 headlight nose instead. Or better yet, modify one for round lights :D

Last edited:
Back