• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 Sensor From Oxygen Geek

dodo4bird

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing my O2 Sensor. 1991 Jeep Cherokee lerado 4.0L. I read on the forums a cheap place to get them is oxygen geek, so I ordered one and just got around to putting it in. Come to find out the wire that came with the new sensor is to short.
The wire that comes down from the fuel rail to connect to the sensor is bolted to the engine block ( I assume to keep it from touching somthing hot). I removed that and got the sensor to fit, it is a TIGHT fit. I believe to tight to drive with. I only know of one way to fix it and that is to splice in some of the wire from my old sensor.

My question: Did anyone else have a problem with the wire being to short? Is there another way to fix this?

Well, was the harness on the new one the same as the old? If not, you got the wrong one.

Yes you can extend the wires. Don't use those crappy crimp on slice connectors. Solder them together and use heat shrink tubing to cover the splices.

at least you got yours. I tried for about 6 months to get the downstream O2 for my 99 and it was backordered with no release date. I finally had to break down and spend the money on a bosch from napa.

dodo4bird said:
I am replacing my O2 Sensor. 1991 Jeep Cherokee lerado 4.0L. I read on the forums a cheap place to get them is oxygen geek, so I ordered one and just got around to putting it in. Come to find out the wire that came with the new sensor is to short.
The wire that comes down from the fuel rail to connect to the sensor is bolted to the engine block ( I assume to keep it from touching somthing hot). I removed that and got the sensor to fit, it is a TIGHT fit. I believe to tight to drive with. I only know of one way to fix it and that is to splice in some of the wire from my old sensor.

My question: Did anyone else have a problem with the wire being to short? Is there another way to fix this?
I checked OxygenGeek.com for an O2 sensor for my 89. $73 is not what I'd call cheap. Their diagram says it has a 10.75" wire which I think is too short. The local Napa quoted me $45.

Back