• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time for some more upgrades!!!!

chrisja77

NAXJA Forum User
I've been saving my pennies for awhile now, so now it's time for the upgrades...lol First off, I just got through ordering a set of lubelocker gaskets for the front and rear diffs. I found a good deal on a rear bumper with a tire carrier on it and a flowmaster muffler that I'll go to pick up in about a week. The bumper just uses the stock mounting holes, so I'm gonna have to have some new mounting brackets fabbed for it...don't want to pull it off....:doh: And last, but deffinitely not least, I get to place my order for my new lift and tires in about two weeks. Going from a 3" with 31's to a 6.5 with 33's. WOOHOO, I'm stoked!!! I've got a 95 2 door with a 5 speed, and from what all I have read, I shouldn't have as many problems with vibes as most of the other years, so I'm gonna try a TC drop bracket and 6deg shims for now. I will deffinitely go with a SYE and new DS before long, but if I can put it off for a few months, that would be awesome. On the down side, it is going to be about a month before I get time to do all of the installs. That's gonna be hard....."Look at all the pretty red apples in the center of the garden adam, but don't EAT any...." I see how the world fell now...:roflmao:

Right now I don't have any problems with my 31's. I still have tons of pep left over and it is very driveable. I'm hoping the gears won't be too bad with the 33's for now. Next time I need tires, the plan is to step up to 35's. Between now and then I plan on an axle swap to get rid of the D35 and regear the front and throw in a locker. I'm hoping gears can wait till the axle swap.

Back