• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cb Radio placement?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
i have a small CB radio installed, right now its between the pass seat and console. i would like to pull my headliner out, and was thinkin about mounting in on the roof in the middle between the Visors. anyone have theres set up like this?

nw-xj-scott said:
i have a small CB radio installed, right now its between the pass seat and console. i would like to pull my headliner out, and was thinkin about mounting in on the roof in the middle between the Visors. anyone have theres set up like this?

Ummm... someone recently started a thread about CBs. Check a few pages back in this forum. You should find it.

Last edited:
There are many a threads on this with pics, just use the search botton. But here is mine for your enjoyment... I have the visors down to see the fit better. It an 89 XJ with the newer 95-96 I think visors.
cb2-19-2008005.jpg

Here is a pic of my 95 with the cb up top. I read a writeup on here and they had to build a mounting plate and tie it into the visor clips, but I didn't have that problem. When I took my headliner down, the roof was double thickness between the visors. I was able to drill some holes and screw my cb right to the roof without any problems. Here is a pic of mine....I need to get a better one.

010-1.jpg

i didn't do any drilling with mine. i fabbed up a bracket with some metal from home depot. un screwed my visor clips, then mounted the bracket between the clips and the headliner with the factory screws. its been up there for almost two years now. i've had zero problems with it.

cbfarpic2.jpg

bracket.jpg

cbmount.jpg

cbfarpic1.jpg

magimerlin said:
There are many a threads on this with pics, just use the search botton. But here is mine for your enjoyment... I have the visors down to see the fit better. It an 89 XJ with the newer 95-96 I think visors.
cb2-19-2008005.jpg
Thats the same radio i have. I'll find some newer visors.
Im takin my headliner out. Is there a write-up on that headliner setup?

Back