• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 lower ball joint???

Vancity-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
just broke my right side u-joint which also destroyed shafts too
running 33's , 4.56's and lockright on 297 u-joints
my qusestion is it pushed lowr ball joint in by about 3/16- 1/4"
can i try pressing it back in, just wanna hear sombodys
opinion
thanks guys

Are you sure that it did push it down? I only ask since if you are not familiar with doing the Ball Joints on the 30 it looks like the lowers are seated crooked from the top. If you look at the bottom side of the ball joint you will see the flange around the Ball joint that should be seated all the way up. Unfortunatley to get to the lower Ball joint you must remove the upper ball joint. While your there its just as easy to replace them both. I have done this to two of my rigs. I got tired of blowing u-joints so I'm converting to a Dana 44 up front, and a Ford 9 Inch while I am at it. The parts yard guys here were kool since I worked on their plow truck and gave me the axles from a 78 f250 for 150. I was pretty shocked, but whatever cuts the cost you know.

going from a 30 to a 44 the only thing youre NOT upgrading is the u joints, everything else is bigger and stronger but not the u joints lol

Back