• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar issues......

ColoradoRaptor

Headbanging Hillbilly
Ok, yesterday was out wheelin and my swaybar kept contacting my coilspring. I am running 4.5 RE w/JKS discos. This happend while disconnected and ziptied up. The spring ripped the swaybar/disco down getting lodged between the spring and axel swaybar conection breaking my retaining pin. Rubbed enough that it removed some powdercoat off the spring!!

Is the spring bowed at all? I had the same problem, one of my springs was bowed out towards the front and it would make a nasty sound when it contacted the swaybar/discos. Went to a LA setup and adjusted everything and it went straight again no more problems. Might not be the case with you but you should def have plenty of room between the spring and swaybar. Are you using adjustable control arms?

Last edited:
Yes, using adjustable uppers. No the spring is not bowed. I am going to a BDS Longarm soon. Maybe I can iron out the issue then.

CanMan said:
Is your axle too far forward? Some company makes sway bar relocation brackets, that move it forward a few inches, on the frame side that is.

Good point!! It only does it on the passenger side. When I looked it over, I could not see anything wrong but the axel may be a smidge to far forward.

Back