• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Suspension Recommendations

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
Where is a good place to buy OEM suspension parts? I would like to use a NAXJA vendor if there is one. I'm going back to stock with gas prices as high as they are. Plus I realize I can do most things stock around here where I live.

(Going on your sig line I'm assuming your running 3" on 31's) Have you thought of just regearing? I'll bet if you where to drop a set of 4.10's in it you will realize numbers so close to stock you'll be happy. Something to remember is while yes being lifted will cost you a bit on the mileage your lift is mild, and the hight itself is practically negligible on the mileage number. Going back to the stock tire size, or regearing will gain better results.
Something else that will make a big difference on mileage is anything on the roof including the stock bars. They are a pain to remove, but I bet you would gain a mpg, or two out on the freeway. My father has reported a gain of two mpg on his 95 Town&county van by removing them. Another item that will help is a free flowing exhaust system. I was quite surprised how much power was gained by just replacing the stock restrictive muffler with a Flowmaster on my 2000. I never checked the mileage, but it had to of gone up. Just some things to think about.

Oh,and as far as OEM suspension parts. The only place I know of is Quadratech, or the classifieds

before i got a daily commuter that got 40mpg, i simply put my stock tires back on for just back and forth, and i had the tools to change all 4 tires in less than 10 minutes by myself, so mud tires on the weekend, streets durring the week. i also took off my roof lights as the added extra wind drag. and i went back to close to 20mpg average (light on the skinny pedal).

I'd put on some stock tires like a 235 for your driving needs. You will miss your lift IMO.

If you could regear without a problem why not right?

Gas mileage is not the only reason. I'm sick of the rough ride, the fact that I'm constantly wanting to do something to it, and the fact that ever since I have lifted it has done nothing but nickel and dime me to death. I have a bad back in general with a herniated disc that likes to act up randomly. Even with the OME lift it just isn't a comfortable ride for me and my passengers. I'm in school again and I just can't afford to keep doing upgrades or problems caused by lifting it. If it isn't one thing its another haha. I just wanna go stock and show people what you can accomplish that way. I will continue to do upgrades but sparingly. I thought about regearing but I don't see it as worth it at this point.

So how about those OEM suspension vendors...

Back