• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c not cold

wild1joker

NAXJA Forum User
my a/c blows warm air- the compressor is engaged and the fan comes on. What can i do to troubleshoot this? I had a can of freon ( 134 )it has already been changed . i tried to put freon in but it went over to the red zone. any suggestions? thanks

Sounds like the evaporator, which in that case sucks bad. I took mine into the shop today with the same symptoms and thats what it turned out to be. I was quoted 850 with parts and labor. I know that is high but keep in mind the dash must be taken out in order to get to the evaporator. If that's what your's turns out to be all you can do is fill it with freon, use the A/C sparingly, and hope that it gets you through summer. I personally can't afford to fix mine right now unfortunately.

Ditto^^ What year? What engine?

Could be your blend door is jammed. You could be overcharged and your evap is freezing over. Does it blow warm at the start or does it start cold, then get warm? What about on Heat? Does it blow very hot?

a/c whats that. real men don't need a/c. :rof: I'm going to set up oba with my compressor anyway
But in all seriousness what year, and engine

Not to hi-jack but, my a/c starts cold, then warms up if I'm at a long idle. As long as I'm moving with short stops, I don't have any problems.

MattS said:
Not to hi-jack but, my a/c starts cold, then warms up if I'm at a long idle. As long as I'm moving with short stops, I don't have any problems.

My guess is you are low on charge. With the engine idling, the overall pressure in the system drops so it's less effective. Once you get going the compressor spins faster and overall pressure goes back up.

Saudade said:
My guess is you are low on charge. With the engine idling, the overall pressure in the system drops so it's less effective. Once you get going the compressor spins faster and overall pressure goes back up.

Make sure the E-fan is running!!!!!

Back