• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leveling out the XJ

PstrKd4BrthCntrll

NAXJA Forum User
Lift is DPG Offroad Hyrid 5" lift kit with 4" lift ZJ coils in front. But after the bumper and winch was installed and a few wheeling trips later, the front end sagged down. I dont wanna throw 2" coil spacers on but rather would go with full coils.

i was wondering what you guys are running for front coils with the added weight and what coils would net me the correct installed height about 17 3/4 inch.

leveling.jpg

Just curious why you're against using coil spacers? They're a sure way to get you the lift you need. Most spacers are about 1.5" but some measure out to 2".

Or you can go with the JKS ACOS adjustible coil spacers if you want something a bit more fancy.

The RE ZJ coils give 1" lift more than advertised in an XJ, and are a bit stiffer to offset the weight of the bumper.

A *TON* of us run "4.5 inch ZJ" coils for 5.5" on the XJ (i get about 5 out of mine after the bumper weight) and a bit better support for the weight.

Why are you against spacers? I just installed a 2" spacer in front this weekend and would do it again.

The JKS adujstable are kinda pricey, rather spend the dough on a locker. Hello Stimlus check! I throwing a 2in spacer would be the cheap way to go at it. i just thought replacing the coil was a better alternative that throwing in a spacer. But i could be wrong. thats why i asked!!!

I'll most likely go the spacer route to save money. Thanks!!!

i had the same problem, my front saged a lot on my 4.5" RE lift, but thats partically due to the fact that REs rear full packs are extremely big and definitly give you more lift than 4.5", they just dont want them to sag. Buuuut anyway, my frotn saged from my TNT bumper and 9k winch so i got 1.5" spacers. It is a little lower in the front still but im okay with it, if i could do it again id get lke 2" spacers but i feel i have over compressed my springs perhaps. Well, at least now it doesnt look like a hot rod haha

Back