• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

issues with the xj

snxboardchk

NAXJA Forum User
so i just recently stopped using the xj as a daily driver for about a month now..nothing was going on with it. I try to drive it atleast once a week which is usually a short distance.

but last night theres been issues with it..not sure what its about but here goes...

while driving all of the gauges suddenly go dead, check engine light comes on, airbag light comes on, and odometer reads "no bus"...its like this for about 30 seconds and goes back to normal again and everything reads fine...but it does it acouple times while driving.

uhmmm??????

My buddy's 95 had some issues with the instrument panel, and it turned out to be a bad ground- I don't know if that could cause all of the issues you describe, but replacing the strap fixed all of his issues. HTH

97+ has tech. service bulletin. pull the instrument cluster and clean the connections on the back of the cluster, both the male and female connections. use dielectric grease on the connections before reassembly. thats it.

Back