• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Leak?

Eisenherz

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I didnt bother to look into this im just going to post anyways.

Oil pan is tight, but theres fluid similar to oil leaking near the rear of oil pan/tranny.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It could be the rear main, but check where the oil filter plate mounts to the block and around the valve cover. Chances are one of these are the problem and both are alot easier than replacing the rear main seal.

Eisenherz said:
Ok, so I didnt bother to look into this im just going to post anyways.

Oil pan is tight, but theres fluid similar to oil leaking near the rear of oil pan/tranny.

Any ideas?

Similiar to oil??? Should be a pretty defining difference between tranny and oil. Tranny is RED, oil is golden brownish too black. Which one is it. Can't tell, taste it you should be able to tell then. OIL IS NASTY. Tranny not so much. :gee:

X2 on rear of valve cover. Also the Oil Filter Adapter will follow a trail and drip right there also. Rear Main Seal PIA. Have fun

Oh yeah and
fawksearch.gif
lol

Its kinda a brownish red. I know it doesnt take much to make a puddle of fluid under a warm/hot vehicle. Tranny fluids always full though checked cold and hot.

Crawl under, wipe that whole area at the back of eng and tranny clean and ,give it a visual inspection. Check it again later.
While waiting for that do as the others have said, check the oil filter adapter, these "O" rings have been know to leak (quite a bit), and check you valve cover for leaks, especially towards the back of the engine.

Back