• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should we start a new Karma thread?

Should we start a new karma thread?

• Yeah, it's about time

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • I just don't know

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No, not needed

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Heck no, I love to hear people whine

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New Karma thread will start Jan 1, just like it has in past year(s). ;)

Hell if we are going keep the old once can it at least be cleaned up

I voted for a new one since it would be less work to start clean and fresh with the rules stated etc

I dont really think a new thread is really needed. I check it everytime it comes up in my Control Panel and I periodicly relist the things i have to give away just so people dont have to go back and look through the thread.

who cares? its just like every other thread on here... it gets cluttered with off topic crap and eventually gets itself back on track! most of the stuff up for free that is worth taking goes to someone withing a day or so anyway, just leave it alone.

:wave1:

This is pretty lame. We don't need a new Karma thread. The Karma thread is for giving free stuff away, not selling or asking for stuff. It always gets a ton of pages anyway.

What's next, new rules for the Karma thread??

I think we know how Troy feels about it. btw - didn't he start the Karma thread??

Mr.OverKill said:
well if you want to start a new one, go ahead but as far as being cluttered, as the item is taken or thrown away and is no longer available you are supposed to post it is gone!! not happening often enough, people post up they want stuff and never get it and that makes people post up four OR five times for the same item!! if we start a new thread we will just transfer half the stuff here to there and it will be clogged again, besides, the last two years the thread worked awesome for a whole year, but the people followed the rules more closely. there is a new breed of people on here, more flakes and things are not the way that they were when i joined and quickly getting worse but i pay any way to support the club and if i don't like how things are going i just walk away for a while, i just hate seeing this crap happening on what used to be the best website on the net. oh well, do what you all want i can only try to help.

Peace

E

EliasJ123 said:
This is pretty lame. We don't need a new Karma thread. The Karma thread is for giving free stuff away, not selling or asking for stuff. It always gets a ton of pages anyway.

What's next, new rules for the Karma thread??

I think we know how Troy feels about it. btw - didn't he start the Karma thread??

E
hey E dont get so worked up over a simple question, Yes Troy did start the Karma thread, I started the mess about the new thread just to help keep it simple smaller and more up to date. I really do not care much if it happens or not it was a idea, I had no idea that some folks are so attached to a old thread so lets just try and follow the spirit of the thread and keep all the other crap some where else and continue as we were
eek5wave.gif

Gerr said:
hey E dont get so worked up over a simple question, Yes Troy did start the Karma thread, I started the mess about the new thread just to help keep it simple smaller and more up to date. I really do not care much if it happens or not it was a idea, I had no idea that some folks are so attached to a old thread so lets just try and follow the spirit of the thread and keep all the other crap some where else and continue as we were
eek5wave.gif

I'm not worked-up. I just think this is lame. Like Grimm said, threads go off topic all the time, but end up going back to the topic at hand.

And, I know all you did was ask a question.

btw - If I were worked up, I wouldn't be using the word "lame." ;)

E

I honestly dont see a point to starting a new thread...the new thread is just going to get just as messy and offtopic as the current. and then you have two 2008 karma threads. If everyone just stuck to the rules, then we wouldnt need to discuss this.

How many people actually read the whole thread anyway? I always just view the last page to skip all the cruft.

djblade311 said:
I honestly dont see a point to starting a new thread...the new thread is just going to get just as messy and offtopic as the current. and then you have two 2008 karma threads. If everyone just stuck to the rules, then we wouldnt need to discuss this.

How many people actually read the whole thread anyway? I always just view the last page to skip all the cruft.

Exactly. If people didn't behave before, they aren't going to behave now.

At least a cluttered thread will serve as a regular reminder to people exactly what happens when you act like a post-count buffering retard.

:)

I couldn't vote.

I wanted a selection for "No, just delete the posts from beggers and sellers"

I've never understood the people who get on and say stuff like "anyone got a RE 5.5 Superflex kit they want to give away?" (I know it's more like "anyone got an adjustable trackbar they want to give away? BTW, can't be bent or beat up..." - but it's about the same thing)

It's like watching those "get rid of your unwanted gold" commercials on TV.

I may not work hard for my money, but I don't have very much of it! :paperwork

bburge

bburge said:
I may not work hard for my money, but I don't have very much of it! :paperwork

You work? ;)

Eddie and I are grabbing lunch Wed. Wanna come along?

Might be able to... What time? I might have to either come a little later (Will gets out at 12:15pm) or I can come early and leave him access to the house...

Hmm... If we eat together does that constitute a Group Buy? :laugh:

bburge

Back