• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 Manual Trans 2wd Starting Problem

cuda-c

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 2wd manual 5 speed that is having starting problems. Drove to work everything fine. After work went to start, nothing, no clicking power to radio, dash, interior lights, couldn't jump start. Was able to get started by push starting and popping the clutch. Ran good on the way home. After getting home, turned off, wouldn't restart. Next morning started right up, ran for 5 minutes, stopped and started several times no problem. About an hour later won't start again. 2 hours later won't start, moved backwards 2 feet in reverse, started up. Ran for an hour, and has been starting ok. Also noticed it will start without depressing the clutch and will start in any gear with the clutch depressed. Was thinking maybe clutch interlock switch? On a manual where is this located, I know on an automatic the nss is on the transmission case on the passenger side.

any thoughts?

Thanx

Last edited:
Check your ground wires. Add a ground from the battery terminal to the chassis.

cleaned up battery grounds, although they didn't look bad. Also cleaned up starter leads and snugged down. As of this post Cherokee still starting good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanx for the help

Back