• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon Video 1 (Sidewinder)

cool video man... Pretty amazing stuff. :clap:

How was Bronco peak? You guys make it up without a pull?

Last time I as there, there was an bypass developing around that last tough set of obstacles.

ocean_jet said:

Last time I as there, there was an bypass developing around that last tough set of obstacles.

Na, all 4 of us needed a Tug. There's a bypass now, but it looks kind of sketchy the way it brings you back onto the trail. Probably OK, but no one wanted to try it. We just tossed a strap around a rock, got to the point where we needed the back passenger wheel to climb then tugged it over.
Even the 2 rigs on 35's had to do that. Really nice conditions for the run though. I may go out this week and do it again when my buddy is in town.

ocean_jet said:

Like Mark said, we skipped the bypass and took the ledge to the right. The undercut was deep enough to bury a 35" at full droop. We all managed to get the front up, but it snagged the right rear tire.
It was a fun short run. We managed to draw some motocrossers out of the campground who followed along taking pictures.
The Bronco Peak video should be fun - Marks' encounter with a tree stump had some good conversations between driver and spotter.. ;)

I like how he captured the 2m ham radio traffic. Nice and CRYSTAL CLEAR. I should link that into the most recent "what cb should I buy thread."

The door will buff right out. :) There was already damage there. I should've continued my line and not listen to the spotter with the camera.

Maz how bout u and me go run that trail...

I know we will have to park at the start and literally " run " it but hey, why not!

WraithKWK said:
Maz how bout u and me go run that trail...

I know we will have to park at the start and literally " run " it but hey, why not!

Hey why not. I don't know about running it but I like hiking as much as wheeling.

Jump This said:
You all needed a tug huh?
Time to take the Butt Buggy out there!

:D

If anyone can roll it to the bottom, you could. Let me know if you want to go and I'll come out and film it. :)

Ronbo said:
The Bronco Peak video should be fun - Marks' encounter with a tree stump had some good conversations between driver and spotter.. ;)

Indeed, I haven't started cutting down the Bronco Peak video yet, but maybe this week I'll get a run at it.

Don't forget Kevin almost flopping, and Mark trying to the same spot a bunch of times (and of course me driving right through it).

markw said:
I like how he captured the 2m ham radio traffic. Nice and CRYSTAL CLEAR. I should link that into the most recent "what cb should I buy thread."

The door will buff right out. :) There was already damage there. I should've continued my line and not listen to the spotter with the camera.

Yeah, there's some good banter in there, you gotta listen closely in some parts.

You without your ritalin asking what's going on. You telling Kevin in his red Jeep just to "let it roll" and him going "don't use the word roll." At the very end of the video, you say "Man, 35's are startin to look good"

Could've used them this morning. New boulder at the entrance to Bronco Peak, you can see where they pulled it off the hill. Not sure if it made it easier or harder, definately tippier. This is that first obstacle right after you turn off from the campground. Then at that first 180 degree turn, there was a bunch of extra rocks. Other than that it was like last week. I avoided the hard stuff and took bronco flats back. Then it happened, Blam!! busted tail light. :(

Jump This said:
who the hell gets Wednesday off to go wheelin'....get a friggin' job you Swabby!

Just us retired guys. I'm out of the Navy now. I took a couple days as we have friends in town.

Back