• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

batterry connection

ManBearPig

NAXJA Forum User
Tried searching , no luck. Is the negative battery terminal supposed to connect to something besides the block? I ask because I was repairing some wires and I noticed a loose wire that connected to the nagative battery terminal.

Picture030.jpg

Not on a renix system, however it is a good Idea to run a ground wire to your chassis should your ground strap from block to chassis go bad.

those are aftermarket terminals and cables not factory and they just come with that for those vehicles that do run a wire to the chasis which newer jeeps do i know my XJ does. i just recently put a set on an old CJ-5 that had a wire like that on the terminals

OEM RENIX? No. That cable is an aftermarket replacement, and had provision for an auxiliary ground.

You'd do well, as mentioned, to connect it to a direct chassis ground - something like an 8AWG should fit in there, and that can go a long way to cleaning up sensor signals.

Back