• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 Cruise Control on Steering Wheel?

NWPhotog

NAXJA Forum User
I have the factory cruise control on the steering wheel right below the air bag. Two of the button covers are broken and missing. Any source for just those buttons? If I could remove the button cover wo breaking em I could likely get em from the pick and pull. I started with one missing cover! :cry:

NWPhotog said:
I have the factory cruise control on the steering wheel right below the air bag. Two of the button covers are broken and missing. Any source for just those buttons? If I could remove the button cover wo breaking em I could likely get em from the pick and pull. I started with one missing cover! :cry:

You should replace the switch assy. Used or new.
New part number 5600 7712.

NWPhotog said:
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to find the cc button module for the 96. I haven't tried the dealership yet because of cost. The unit looks like this one for the Grand Cherokee. Any idea if they are the same? Thanks!

The problem is that the system works on resistive multiplexing. For these switches to work, every time you press a switch, the correct resistance value has to be read by the computer, or it won't work.
A good example: the switches for 97-98 XJ and 99-01 XJ all look identical but can only work within their groups. A 98 will not work in a 99 etc.

Back