• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle body spacer..worth it??

busij44

NAXJA Forum User
Are these things worth the $$$. If so, who sells the best one?? Little help here for the newbie.

benefits come from weighing $50-$100 less than before you had it, course that loss is more than made up in square aluminum with hole in it weight... end gain, none. unles you enjoy the whistle sound some make.

I've been measuring better gas mileage and, combined with the exhaust mods I've done, I do think it has a little more power as well as grunt.
Worth the $$? Well, thats your call. I've picked up .5 MPG.

I have it with flowdaddy headers and a 50 series Flowmaster and I gained about 3mpg. But that all goes out the door with the bit of power gain which in turn causes harder throttle use?

yossarian19 said:
I've been measuring better gas mileage and, combined with the exhaust mods I've done, I do think it has a little more power as well as grunt.

It had nothing to do with the throttle body spacer and everything to do with the mods you combined it with.

cal said:
It had nothing to do with the throttle body spacer and everything to do with the mods you combined it with.

Agreed - I also modded the airbox for better flow, this was all within about a month.
Better air intake, which I think the TBS helped with, coupled with better exhaust = more efficiency.

yossarian19 said:
Agreed - I also modded the airbox for better flow, this was all within about a month.
Better air intake, which I think the TBS helped with, coupled with better exhaust = more efficiency.

What did you do to the airbox?

How do you think the TBS helped with intake? carburator spacers are there to let the fuel atomize more, which obviously won't happen on fuel injection...

I have a freeflowing exhaust, spacer and intake and the three together made a very noticable difference as opposed to just the exhaust. I picked up almost 1 MPG and responsiveness.

yossarian19 said:

I can pick up .5 MPG if I choose not to pass an 18 wheeler on a 2 lane road...
Throttle body spacers only worked in carbeurated vehicles because it gave the air and fuel more time to mix better, however since fuel injection injects the fuel straight into the cylinder, it doesn't matter.

Back