• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost in translation.....

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I might share this one, I found this on ebay and it really made me laugh. It is billed as the strongest 14 bolt diff guard made. Thats not the funny part but I DO wonder how they would know?

Backwards%20diff%20guard%20rockyroadsl.jpg

You look at it and say whats the problem? Look a little closer......it is made backwards, if you bolted this on it would be on the top of the diff cover :roll: The small end of the 14 bolt goes to the left, not the right......Perhaps if it was designed by someone that had actually seen one on a rig or made by someone that had even seen an american car......

This is what you can get from companies that just hop on the bandwagon and don't do the work, someone had to approve the making of these, I would think that that someone actually had some knowledge of at least what a 14 Bolt axle looked like!

This is a Chinese import sold on ebay and I believe even sold on some Jeep forums. I actually think that company bought a differential ring from us 8 or 9 months ago, maybe they should have bought a whole cover with a Drain Plug so they knew the top from the bottom:D

:The moral of this story is if you don''t know what you are looking at get a second opinion before you buy it.......And get a third and fourth opinion before you make it to sell:wave1:

They are cheap:twak:

Back