• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C condensor question

mnaemark

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to change out the A/C condensor on my 94 but i cant figure out how to disconnect the lines from the condensor. I tried using fuel disco tools but they just dont seem to fit properly. My question is whether a special tool is required to remove the lines and if so what size should i be looking for. My giant crysler service manual only states that the lines are held in by springs and gives no suggestion on how to remove the lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

i wish they unscrewed. A flared end fits into a "bulb" style fitting with springs inside. The upper line cannot be turned as far as i can see and the lower line just rotates when i turn it.

it's called a "spring lock removal tool" and should be available from any decent parts house-- as for size, I don't recall. I bought them in a kit of six sizes and they've fit anything I've needed them for, so far.

i swear they must have putt compleetley different stuff on every cherokee that jeep produced. nothing on mine matches anyone else with the same year as me (94). :bawl: anyways, mine just unscrewed, ended up just cutting out all my a/c crap to convert to oba since it didnt work anyway. sorry i couldnt help

Got the tools to do it and managed to get one line off. The other is just stuck i guess. Im probably just going to replace the entire line. Thanks for the suggestion on the tools. My other two jeeps are the screw on style which is much nicer than this spring thingy. Anyway thanks for the help.

Mike

Back