• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

triming the fenders

konoff1998

NAXJA Forum User
i plan on trimming my fenders in like an hour and i need to know do i need to roll the edge over or should i be able to leave it untucked? front and rear. any info would be great

thanks

take the time and roll it under.. it wont cut your tires OR innocent bystanders like kids. and it will strengthen the fender as well. i've had good luck with cutting multiple 3/8" cuts in the edge and SLOWLY bending and working them over with a pair of pliers and a hammer. you will distort the panel a little bit but if you do it slow it should be ok..

i left the front unrolled, but the rear i cut about an inch of sheetmetal then beat it under with a rubber mallet and it lokks clean

if you leave the front un-rolled go to Pep Boys or Advance and get a roll of plastic door edge guard. its a formed plastic channel with adhesive in it already. its used to go around the edge of your door to protect it from scratches and such. its popular with the "ricers" around here they like the gold and chrome but its available in all colors. last time i got some it was maybe $10 for a roll of 20'.. works great to keep you from cutting your tires.

Back