• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake fluid coming out of prop valve sensor on top??

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
I recently put in another proportioning valve (used from junkyard, cleaned). I can bleed the rears just fine and it appears to be working correctly in the rear. I went to bleed the fronts though, and could not get any fluid at all to come out of either side. Then I noticed it was leaking fluid from the prop valve, coming out the top of the sensor where the wire connects. I removed the sensor and put in a different one with the same results. There is no o-ring or anything in where the sensor goes, is there supposed to be? Any ideas?

By the way, I'm pretty sure all the lines are connected correctly, it's kind of hard to connect them in the wrong place.

id go back to the junkyard and pull another and do it again. maybe the valve is bad. if its leaking you might have one of the fittings not threaded in quite right? did you make new brake lines or use the old ones?

xj92 said:
I recently put in another proportioning valve (used from junkyard, cleaned). I can bleed the rears just fine and it appears to be working correctly in the rear. I went to bleed the fronts though, and could not get any fluid at all to come out of either side. Then I noticed it was leaking fluid from the prop valve, coming out the top of the sensor where the wire connects. I removed the sensor and put in a different one with the same results. There is no o-ring or anything in where the sensor goes, is there supposed to be? Any ideas?

By the way, I'm pretty sure all the lines are connected correctly, it's kind of hard to connect them in the wrong place.

I had one apart about a month ago and don't recall any o-ring. Did you crossthread it? Maybe try some teflon tape.

Didn't cross-thread it. The fluid is coming up through the sensor, where the wire attaches, not around the threads from what I can tell.

I'm going to the junkyard again Monday, so I'll pull another one while I'm there just in case. I reused the old brake line.

Replaced the original cause I'm working on an MJ and I installed an XJ valve. There's some non-relevant MJ information on why I did the switch. Pretty sure I reinstalled everything the way it came apart when I cleaned the junkyard prop valve, but who knows.

Back