• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parts useable off an explorer

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
a buddy of mine just totaled his explorer recently and i was wondering if there were any parts to try to get. i know about the 8.8 but im not gonna try to get it. he has some lift shackles on it im not sure how many inches they are but will they work on the xj?

What year? I am looking for a center console lid for a 96.

HOUSEDIVIDED said:
If it had lift shackles then it wouldn't have independent rear suspension or vice versa.

Right, and if it had a rocket it would be a jet.

Still doesn't mean it has a solid axle in the rear. I know the 2002-2005 Explorers had coil springs in the front and rear, so makes it kind of hard the get lift shackles off it, unless they were lying in the back seat and were for a 2001 or earlier Explorer. :gee:

i would say if its a solid axle take the 8.8 anyways at least you can sell it to one of us :D

its not an 03 cause it is a solid rear axle ill ask him about it im not sure of the year. has anyopne ever tryed the lift shackles or atleast know if theyll work?

Spanky88 said:
its not an 03 cause it is a solid rear axle ill ask him about it im not sure of the year. has anyopne ever tryed the lift shackles or atleast know if theyll work?

Just measure the width of yours at the mount and the leaf spring. Then measure the length. Do the same to the explorer ones. If the explorer ones are more than 7 inches long, I wouldn't use them without modifying the rear shackle mount on your rig.

I'm not speaking from experience, just what I learned reading posts on good ol' NAXJA!!!

Back