• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey OC folks.. and anyone else interested in CCW rights

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
In OC a quiet battle rages on between the BOS and the pro firearm community. As many of you know the previous sheriff (Mike Carona) has retired to deal with the many accusations that came up about his tenure at the Sheriff Coroner position. Whether they're true or not, it's hard to tell and not for us to decide. What is there for us is what next. From the list of candidates the current Interim Sheriff Coroner Jack Anderson has already spent some tim edoing "cleanup" and dealing with many oddities that kept popping up around the Sheriff's Department. He has dealt with the issues of violence in the Jails, some corruption and "favouritism". So far he's done a helluva job. More so his policy on the CCW issuance is very favourable.

As a person? He's not a politician. He's ruffled a few feathers already while doing his job cause that is what was needed. Pease show him your support by voting for him in this poll. Thanks.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/department-sheriff-county-2053701-jails-plan

Thanks!! The battle is more to retain them rather then get them ;) Also I need to make sure that everyone understands that the above most is just my personal opinion on things :)

crazyjim said:
I sure with the Riverside County Sheriff were more like San Bernardino Co. and Orange Co. Moreso San B.
Heard that, there's something like a 10+ month delay between submitting a CCW application and even getting your interview here in Ventura County.

Daedalus454 said:
Heard that, there's something like a 10+ month delay between submitting a CCW application and even getting your interview here in Ventura County.
Yea it's close to the same here, funny thing is you used to have to submit through the city, who made you wait forever, who then in turn submitted it to the county :laugh:

At least now I can get a no a little sooner

SANDRA HUTCHENS :thumbup:

Daedalus454 said:
I have to wait 8 months for my appt. Then after that I think its about a year to get the permit after the interwiew. That's here in SB county. I'm not compaling because at least we have a good chance here.

While we're on the topic, check this out. Be sure to contact your representative if you don't like this...

Please Continue Contacting Your State Assembly Member!

Today, Wednesday, May 28, the Assembly passed Assembly Bill 2948 by a vote of 41-25. Sponsored by State Assembly Member Mark Leno (D-13), AB2948 seeks to ban the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace. The bill now heads to the Senate for its consideration.

Assembly Bills 2235 and 2062 are still awaiting a vote by the Assembly. A vote on these bills could come any day.

Assembly Bill 2235 would prohibit the sale of handguns other than "owner-authorized (or "smart") handguns" -- that is, handguns with a permanent, programmable biometric feature that renders the firearm useless unless activated by the authorized user. No proven, viable handgun of this type has ever been developed. Introduced by Assemblyman Mark DeSaulnier (D-11), AB2235 would require the Attorney General to report to the Governor and Legislature on the availability of owner-authorized handguns; once the Attorney General finds that these guns are available, only "owner-authorized" handguns could be approved for sale in California.

Assembly Bill 2062, authored by State Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a "handgun ammunition vendor" in the Department of Justice's database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require vendors to keep a record of the transaction including the ammunition buyer's name, driver's license, the quantity, caliber, type of ammunition purchased, and right thumbprint, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. All ammunition sales in the state of California would be subject to a $3 per transaction tax. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited. Any violator of AB2062 would be subject to civil fines. AB2062 was amended to remove the requirement that law-abiding gun owners obtain a permit to purchase handgun ammunition.

Back