• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tool Box

pecsxj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to thow up a few pics of the tool box me and the old man built last week.

Specs:
40" wide
22" deep
12" high
dovetail corners
150 lb rated rollers
moveable sections inside

Future plans are to carpet the inside along with the outside. The images are clickable to see larger pics.

Nice job.

Here is my little project:

3024245_62_full.jpg

It will be covered by carpet eventually and also may have some drawers for gear. The open space between the legs is for the recovery strap. I make money at pulling people form the sand here on L.B. Wa.....

Sierra Drifter said:
Nice box, looks well built. However, I think drawers are better. I got real tired of moving all the stuff off the top of the box so I could lift the lid. I'm building one with 3 drawers. One thin full width drawer at the top, and two deeper side by side drawers below.

Yeah i was thinking of that at first but it would have been allot more work. Also given the size of the box and the fact the I can adjust the inside dimensions I dont think i will need to put much on top. Plus I have a roof rack for extra stuff. I need to get some more pictures up on how I actually mounted it to the floor. Plus it is on rollers so it makes it very ez to get into the very back of it (like a drawer). But I do like the idea of conventional style drawers though, and in a way think it would work better for most situations, but i think this set up will work out well.

Thanks for all the comments.

Last edited:
Blaine B. said:
Looks like it'd be a biotch to get that spare tire out.

Ya, it will be....

I built it, then though about the spare situation.....:doh:

I am currently thinking about relocating the spare the outside the vehicle, but that will be a while yet.....

Back