• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high steer/otk options

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
hey im new on this forum first of all, so nice to meet everyone! i normally post on cherokeeforum.com

but anyway im looking to do some sort of steering upgrade. my ball joints need replacing and my tie rod ends i believe are popping a bit, ive also got some death wobble and im looking to rule out as much play as possible, and this stock y-link junk plays a big role. my xj is on 32s as of now and a 4.5" RE express super flex with 1.5" spacers in the front to account for my TNT bumper and winch, the front hasnt been aligned for a while. im looking at all the kits, rock krawler (dont laugh), JCR, teraflex, the WJ stuff, TNT and even Currie...

Im really looking to get rid of my y-link set up, OTK would ne nice but not a must. The biggest thing is that i want the least amount of fab work possible, which explains why id consider currie. its only going to be seeing 33s max and not any hard "rock" crawling, just technical hills and stuff so strength doesnt need to be insane. The biggest issue im having is i dont want to cut up my sway bar, track bar, coil mounts, ream weld drill and tap every little thing. Soooo whats everyones suggestions given my goal?

emr1101 said:
hmmm anyone ever used this? looks to be simple enough for a nice bolt on, and super cheap. looks like its inverted-T type?
http://www.rjroffroad.com/rugged-ridge-hd-t-link-steering-system-for-jeep-cherokee-wrang-offroad-c-575-p-1-pr-17155.html

I was also considering that upgrade. Search "rugged ridge" on here and you will find some helpful info.

I did notice on your link that the pic says it is 1.25" O.D. tubing and the list of features says it is 1.75" O.D. tubing. It may be just a typo on that particular website, but I am always weary of that kind of stuff. It sometimes means they are trying the old bait-n-switch technique..

yea thats a good point, ill be sure to clarify. it looks like a t-link system to me, that the reason i dont want currie. i want a) bolt up and b) no y-link and im happy, ill go search that ill post back if i cant find anyhting.

emr1101 said:
yea thats a good point, ill be sure to clarify. it looks like a t-link system to me, that the reason i dont want currie. i want a) bolt up and b) no y-link and im happy, ill go search that ill post back if i cant find anyhting.

Here's the description from the Rugged Ridge website...

http://www.omix-ada.com/productInfo.asp?itemNo=18050.82

It looks like it is actually 1.25" I.D. It even has downloadable installation instructions.

Just get the JCR setup, ream your knuckles and run it in the stock location. This will be a easy instalation and the tube will be strong enough to drag over just about anything.

-Alex

Back