• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 4X4 V8 LIMITED alternator..

97-98 5.2ltr Grand is what you have to look for. I spent 3 months trying to find 1 at a pick and pull yard and finally broke down and got 1 from an auto parts store.

You can also use the 97-98 Dakota/Durango alternator.

The website listed above is great for the details but it fails to tell you you have to do some grinding on the alternator bracket and the part of the engine the bracket bolts to. Its not hard just tedious in and out to get it perfect.

I actually used the alt from a Dodge 1500 Ram. Other than the normal clearancing required it fit, plugged and works fine.

I bought my GC alternator from Autozone to get the warranty. They swapped the pulleys for free.

Well the shitty thing about Hawaii is that there is no auto zone, so its either NAPA, Checkers (Kragen) or Redline.
Im gonna wait on the alt until I upgrade my wiring. Hopefully I can get it done this weekend.

Back