• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smartbar style sway bar

xSUx SGT BAKER

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have been searching the hell outta this for the last few weeks but i can not find anything. I was thinking about making both my sway bars disconnect something like this http://www.aam.com/index.php?s=48. :lickout:The new dodge power wagon uses this bar and i believe 05 and newer rubis use it too:wierd:. My question is how much force would it take to open if the vehicle is not on level ground. Also would there be a problem closing it ( if you are not an a level surface when you flip the switch to close, will it close as soon as it gets on a level surface?) im not looking for exact numbers as this is still just an idea. I know.... why dont i just buy some quick disconnects and be done with it? because im a nerd and i like this kinda thing:roll::moon: Also some links to previous posts would be nice if someone can find something (maybe im missing a key word)

I seem to recall reading about someone who put one on an older TJ when those first came out. I think they were mislabled in the parts cateloge, and they were pretty cheap.

Thats all I remember though.

the new Dodge Power Wagons has the same setup.

0411_13z+2005_dodge_power_wagon+sway_bar_view.jpg

"The Smart bar works with the touch of a dash-mounted switch and can be disengaged by the driver in 4-Hi or 4-Lo at speeds below 18 mph. In case the driver forgets the sway bar is disengaged it automatically re-engages at speeds above 18 mph and will automatically disengage at speeds below 14 mph when selected. In case of failure, the system has a safe mode that returns the bar to the engaged setting."

Back