• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spam/scam email

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
I got this here at work a few minutes ago. It's some B.S. work computer so I'm not too worried about it. Anybody seen anything like it before? It's obviously some sort of fraud thing but any new info that someone might have I'd like to know. Here's the email:

Dear Customer,
Community Source Federal Credit Union Online Management temporarily suspended your account.
Reason: Billing failure.
We require you to complete an account update so we can unlock your account.

To start the update process click here.

Once you have completed the process, you can access your account at any time.

The information provided will be treated in confidence and stored in our secure database.
If you fail to provide required information your account will be automatically
deleted from Regions database.

Member NCUA© Copyright 2008 Community Source Federal Credit Union

http://www.csfcu.coop/

Fraud Alert!
We maintain strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to information about you. Community Source Federal Credit Union will never contact you by email or otherwise to ask you to validate personal information such as your Username, Password, or account numbers (including credit card). If you receive such a request, please call (800) 897-6991 option 2 or email us at [email protected].

THanx man, I forwarded it to them. I don't even have an account with those dudes.

it happens all the time. When I get a Bank of America, I'll click their scam link and fill out bogus info just to waste their time. Hi, my name is Ben Dover and my address is 1A Eatmapoo St.

jeeperjohn said:
Send these kind of things to http://www.ic3.gov/

Hm - didn't know about those guys.

Internet scammers are like any other conmen - they prey upon either 1) The impulse that makes people want to believe you can get something for nothing (you can't;) or B) the fact that there are some people who are just too dumb to realise that these institutions and such actually will do things like that without at least some variety of security...

yup. I've gotten crap like that before.

Back