• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np241or install

mmcswss

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and no one seems to have adequatly addressed the install of a electronic speedo into a previously mechanical jeep. Anyone have some insight?

mmcswss said:
I have searched and no one seems to have adequatly addressed the install of a electronic speedo into a previously mechanical jeep. Anyone have some insight?

I don't think there is any way to make the rubi tcase work with a cable driven speedometer. You could try to get ahold of Autometer or Dakota Digital speedometer that will work with the rubi tcase.

IIRC, you can run a 91+ gauge cluster and electric speedo, you just need to build a 5v power supply.

Don't remember where I read it.

It's not like you'll be going fast in 4lo anyway. :)

Just install an electronic speedo in place of the mechanical one. The most difficult part was trying to buy the connector for the transfercase sensor from the dealer. Be sure you have very good grounds.

Fred

Good to see you took your time to do it right! Twenty-six months really isn't that long.

Just kidding. Any write up on your trials and tribulations? How did you work out the speedo?

Back