• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Work Party - Sat. May 31st

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I finally get to work on my junk. I will start this week taking things apart, but I will be needing some help on Sat.

I am starting at 10:00 AM.

Here is what I will be working on this week/weekend.

exhaust - remove header, check for leak, repair
steering - remove knuckles, gear box, and all of the component, install new everything, install CROK plate kit
upper control arm bushings, set pinion angle
maybe ball joints
radiator drain and fill, install new thermostat
valve cover gasket
oil change
diff cover leaks
check, clean, adjust brakes (replace if needed)

Hopefully that covers it. I will get some of the work done through the week. I got to get the garage straightened up tomorrow and get the Jeep in. If you are available and near Lake Forest this week in the evening, give me a buzz and see what I am working on.

I will provide drinks and lunch for those that can help out. I have to stop at 5:00 or shortly after due to a b-day party commitment.

The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, CA 92630.

Thanks in advance!

Did I mention free food....?

I've been slaving away on our bathroom remodel and all I need to do is find a matching vanity top and get the shower door. I'll see if I can help but it doesnt look good since I've been neglecting the family due to the remodel

Thanks guys. Dennis, I hope to see you.

A big item was just added to my list.

I got towed home today after running hot. The thing spluttered and I got it out of the road. Flatbed towed me home. The Jeep started back up and I drove it in the driveway. So now I am going to remove the head and have it checked. It haf ran hot a couple of times ver the past couple of weeks, but today was bad!

Just more work!

Well, I can't really afford the Big Bear trip (as much as I'd prefer wheeling to wrenching), and since I need to get up there anyway....you can count on me for Saturday....if you're working Sunday also, I can try and shoot back up.

SanDiegoXJ said:
Well, I can't really afford the Big Bear trip (as much as I'd prefer wheeling to wrenching), and since I need to get up there anyway....you can count on me for Saturday....if you're working Sunday also, I can try and shoot back up.

Thanks Michael! Give me a call later today and we can talk.

Jump This said:
I didn't notice anything you would need help on.....

:wave1:

Ha! Maybe just moral support and supervision.... LOL

Leep said:
Robert, if I can make it this time I will. I dont think that I have anything happening.

Leep

Robert, I wont be able to make it in the morning, I am shooting for the afternoon. Tim is graduating next week and this weekend we are getting together with his grand parents. I am not sure what time but I will certinally make it if I can.

Dennis

A huge thanks to Leep, Rhino44XJ, SanDiegoXJ, and MJR for helping me get my head, intake, exhaust, radiator, and steering apart yesterday.

I really appreciate you guys coming from so far to give me a hand.

We will do it again in a couple of weeks to put it all back together.

Thanks guys!

Back