• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Memorial weekend Trip report and Pics

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
as everyone knows already this will go down as one of the best trips yet ! i think we will actually have to start another thread just for damage reports and pictures :spin1: . anyway, i beleive at one time we had a total of 15 rigs on the trail and a few more still at camp. what a turn out :cheers: . on with the pics !

fire break 5
100_0727.jpg

laughing at me for making it look hard AGAIN!
100_0733.jpg

100_0742.jpg

Playin in the rocks. (note: no tie rod damage:spin1: )
100_0760.jpg

100_0764.jpg

100_0739.jpg

Josh attempting the Rubi.....a bit too slick though.
100_0723.jpg

i have more to pick thru. didn't turn out to good not haveing a screen to see what was being shot :conceited

well lets try this again. my PC did something funky. anywho, lets get this party started.

are you ready for this.

it started out with me rolling out of bed at 6:45am, eating some b-fast, grabbing my GPS and my camera and most important, my pepsi. I then proceded to hop in my rig, start it up, turn on GPS, click CB radio on and flip to 4 and be on my way.

at the corner of 92nd and foster i found this staring at me
100_2421.jpg

the weather out wasnt too good, but at least i got to see this thing for about half a second as it seemed to be in a hurry.
100_2422.jpg

remember how i was saying the drive out saturday morning wasnt real good weather wise? i lied. around 3-4mi east of the shell at the bottom of the big hill the sun came out to play with us.
100_2423.jpg

met up with torx and outdoors and i cant remember for the life of me who the guy in the silver LJ is.

from there we headid to camp, ware we found these hooligans
100_2429.jpg

100_2434.jpg

we hung out in camp for a wile so everyone had a chance to wake up, air down, or what have you. 'round 10:15is we split off into 2 groups, one with 8 rigs and one with 7 rigs i do believe.

partial group
100_2442.jpg

we all got situated and headid for FB5.

south fork rd, did i mention it was B-E-A-Utiful out
100_2446.jpg

cline rd is still heavy slopy snow covered. i couldnt get a good pic of it but maybie someone else did. i do have proof that it had snow. this is ware outdoors got his rig stuckerd, well up the road a little, but this is ware we parked.
100_2448.jpg

but finaly we made it after going all the way back down and up again.
i love this pic
100_2459.jpg

cont.

Oh how i wish i could remember names. FB5 hill.
100_2464.jpg

100_2466.jpg

rocks rock
100_2478.jpg

100_2482.jpg

i liked this rig
100_2484.jpg

100_2486.jpg

bone stock rubi LJ. did just fine
100_2492.jpg

100_2493.jpg

i want to say mopar440? anyway he opted out of that hill and met at the next section.
100_2505.jpg

100_2506.jpg

after FB5 we all collected at the end of the trail for some lunch. i think i got everyone in there
100_2509.jpg

why is it that out traffic jams look soooo much cooler than normal ones.
100_2516.jpg

did i hapen to mention that it was a purdy day
100_2517.jpg

Hay 85xj4dr, you should have ditched work dude.
100_2525.jpg

after everyone did there deal. we were off for archers, canopener, and the waterfall.
100_2527.jpg

meet the canopener. (video soon)
100_2529.jpg

100_2531.jpg

100_2532.jpg

random grouping of wheelers
100_2534.jpg

100_2541.jpg

cont.

i have video of this broken
100_2542.jpg

i dont have but this pic of this one but i have video.
100_2547.jpg

hay nick, does this look farmiliar.
100_2556.jpg

the entrance to the waterfall. (video soon)
100_2558.jpg

100_2568.jpg

i didnt get pics goin up the waterfall but i have video, i hope that will do.

anyway, on our way back down the hill, was around 7:00pm or so i figure, i looked to my left and needed to take a picture of it.
100_2571.jpg

everyone who came out for the day made it back in one piece. oh, yea. I forgot to tell you, this was a most awsome day. this is what outdoors and i got to look at on our way home.
100_2573.jpg

and these look cool too.
100_2579.jpg

100_2580.jpg

i had a blast. still wish i was able to stay through the night for all the fun but i had to work sunday morning. got off work at 11:00am though so i figured i would go hunt the others down again. went up listend to the radio on 4 for a wile at rogers, then went down to ware thay were camped and then up to mini ruby. then i hear on the radio that thay are all heading back to camp. come to find out mojojojo broke a locating pin on the rear axle pass. side, (dont worry i have pics) bout mangled everything. fixed it up, broke camp and we all convoyed home. i didnt get to do any wheeling that day but between the brick of death and rod dogtracking 4-6inch to the pass side, the drive home was an adventure on its own. hope yall enjoyed my pics. lets see more.

Great pics Jr.!

damage update: Took everything apart today to try and band-aid things back together for the work week.....holy crap, what a mess!!!!! both center pins broken, both shims gone, and the small bottom leaf pass side gone!!!!!. Also found that in my rush to duct tape it together for the ride home that i managed to completely chew up a wheel stud and lug nut. stole a leaf from my old stock pack and a cpl new U-bolts and center pins and aside from a lil passenger G-ride lean again, i'm all good to go ! Thanks again for the help and watchfull eyes guys.

Again it was a great group for wheelin' and great people too...
Nice pics by both of you guys too..
Hey JuniorXJ nice pics of us and that freakin' weather heading home, there sure was a lot of thunder too..
Can't wait for more pics and vids too.

Last edited:
the rest are what wasnt perfectly perfect. im too picky i think. see what else i can find.

Is there some law against winches on XJs in Oregon?;)

Nice pics, looks like a great time on the trail.

i found more colorful eye candy, but ya'll are gunna have to wait. i have to go to work.

We came out Sunday and couldn't find camp so we hit the trails in hopes of running into the group. Never did find you guys but we did run into a park ranger and scored some new trail maps.

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

DSC02111.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

mojojojo said:
Great pics Jr.!

damage update: Took everything apart today to try and band-aid things back together for the work week.....holy crap, what a mess!!!!! both center pins broken, both shims gone, and the small bottom leaf pass side gone!!!!!. Also found that in my rush to duct tape it together for the ride home that i managed to completely chew up a wheel stud and lug nut. stole a leaf from my old stock pack and a cpl new U-bolts and center pins and aside from a lil passenger G-ride lean again, i'm all good to go ! Thanks again for the help and watchfull eyes guys.
Were you running steel or aluminum shims? I am guessing you eaither had aluminum shims and they cracked or you didn't have your u bolts tight enough. Especially since it happend to both sides!

i want to say mopar440? anyway he opted out of that hill and met at the next section.
100_2505.jpg

Yeah... I chickened out the first time, but the following day with the pack behind me, we went for it, and went up no problem, never touched reverse, picked my line and walked right up... was really pleased at how the Grape performed... :yelclap: P.S.... more pics we took here....

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=952685

Back