• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's improved customer service?

flexdout

NAXJA Forum User
I have a fairly new LA kit from Rusty's and have been happy with it so far. The only problem Ive had is the clanking noise coming from the drivers side UCA "acme joint." I did a little searching on NAXJA to find the popping sound because I didnt know that was the issue. 1 of the reasons why I love this website, its helped me on a few desperate issues! Ok back on track... Once I discovered the acme joint was where the popping was coming from I decided to call Rusty's to see if it was a normal problem. I was informed that the acme threads serve a purpose but do have issues. I understand the importance of stresses involved in control arm setups and why these would be used. Further into the conversation I was told they have started using the forged ends on thier adj setups for all threaded end applications, and offer a choice when ordering the setups. I explained that I have experienced alot of play in 1 of my upper arms acme thread sections, I also said Ive since taken the said control arm and rotated it out 1 full rotation thinking it was not equal to the other side. And I also changed the axle bushing for that particular mount thinking it was the problem. When asked if I have maintained it I explained I grease the Jeep weekly. Satisfied with the response I guess he told me that if I wanted to swap out for the new forged ends he would honor it as a warranty claim and do the exchange for me. So I sent my old arms back and the new 1's are on the way. Im gonna have to say that is a pretty good response considering they are charging a bit more for the new arms with forged ends over the acme joint arms. And since its really not "broken" I was very happy with the response!

His customer service has always been hit and miss, depending on the day.

Glad things were made right for you, though.

He must finally be taking action. He even revamped the website. O lawds.

When I was shopping for axle shafts I gave them a call and had poor service lol.

I called asking questions and I got grunts of acknowledgment rather than a 'yes' or 'no'. Alot of 'I think so' in response to questions, had to ask a few times if he could actually check and be certain rather than just think so. The guy acted like I was taking up his time and he would rather be doing something else.

In the end I decided to not order from them based on that call, they lost out on about 900$ of my money.

I just orderd some 4.5" leaf springs from him and even got them in a fashionable amount of time. I got through first time call and had a good experience dealing with him. So I guess that I got him on a good day.

Back