• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 ??'s

jeppo

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 8.25 rear, and i also have found a old mopar 8.25 sure-grip for a good price. now my 3 questions:

how does one tell if its 27 or 29 spline?

can i put the SG locker into my stock housing

AND

can i put my gears onto the SG carrier? (its a 2.73-ish) or should i get a fresh set.

i assume they are both 27 spline.
what i'm asking is the old car 8.25's and the xj 8.25's , same guts, right?? i can't search for 8.25 it comes up with 0 results.

pre 97s were 27 splines, the 97+ 8.25s are 29 spline. and i think some 96s were 29 also

The 8.25 was changed from 27 spline to 29 spline sometime in late 96. The only way to know for sure is to take a look inside. I don't know if the two axles that you have are the same guts. When using this search engine you have to at least 4 characters. When I enter in just 8.25, I got no results. When I did 8.25*, I got 34 pages. Hope this helps. Welcome to NAXJA.

yeah... after some scrounging on the mopar website, i noticed the SG for the 8.25 under muscles was stated to fit up to 95.

Back