• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedo cable question

strikedistance

NAXJA Forum User
The Jeep i am getting in June has a broken speedo cable. The owner was told sense it has a 7.5 inch longarm lift it would break the first time he does some serous offroading. Sure enough it did. Does that sound right because of the lift?? Does it need an extended cable or what. Couldn't find any information on it.
Thanks
Bruce

your frame dosen't flex like a wheel brake line.
What year Jeep?
if mechinacal then yeah it can break and you just need to replace the cable and if it's electrical one then possibly broke the gear drive, but not sure, need to inspect.

Its an 87. I found someone with one from the same year Jeep that i can get but like I said i only know what ive been told so i dont know if that with help. Ill have the Jeep by the end of June and just want to know how to fix it.
If this helps it has 5 Spd Ax-15 w/ NV 231 Transfer Case with D44 rear.

This is what the cable drive looks like... and usually when it breaks it's right at this point on the cable when it plugs in or possibly behind the gage cluster where it connects as well. But easy to swap in a new one.
100_1230.jpg

strikedistance said:
Do you know what the problem could be when its breaks at full flex?? I don't get that either.
Thanks a lot to
The line doesn't flex as it is ran along the frame just think It may have been ironic. Unless somehow the cable got caught on something and riped off or out. All I can say to do is pull the cable off the TC and see if it is still working on that end, then if so check other end.

The reason a capped the ASS is a little joke that one of my previous boss's told me...

If you assume something, it can and most likely will make and ASS out of U and Me

Ass-U-Me

Back